Dear Loudoun Soccer Families,
Welcome to the Spring 2014 U7/U8 Jamboree! The Jamboree is our traditional end-of-season event for all our U7 and U8 Rec teams. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday May 31 at Loudoun Soccer Park in Leesburg, and promises to be a day of fun, friends and SOCCER!
Below are several important updates regarding the event, so please read carefully:
Specifically designed for younger children, the U7/U8 Jamboree is a one-day festival played on high-quality turf fields at Loudoun Soccer Park – rain or shine! As a festival-style event – not a tournament – all players will receive a participation award, and no standings or scores will be published. Each team will play one (1) game.
This year, teams are matched up against an opponent from another town of play (e.g., Ashburn vs. Purcellville, or Leesburg vs. South Riding), adding an exciting new element to the event.
Families should park in the VDOT Commuter/Park-and-Ride lot adjacent to Loudoun Soccer Park, and access the facility by the gate in between the two.
The main lot of Loudoun Soccer Park will be blocked off and accessible to only the following parties:
· Loudoun Soccer staff
· Jamboree event volunteers
· Drivers requiring handicap access
Please refer to the facility map:
MAP OF FIELDS
· Pets are not permitted at Loudoun Soccer events. Please leave your pets at home.
· Only water is permitted on the turf fields; no food, gum, sports drinks or any other consumable besides water may be brought onto the fields. Please help us keep our Park clean.
An on-site Information Tent will be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have that day.
Schedules are available online:
Jamboree U8 girls
Jamboree U8 boys
Loudoun Soccer Park will host approximately eight (8) games an hour, beginning at 8 AM and ending at 8 PM (91 total games!). To ensure that all games start on time, teams are expected to adhere to the following:
· Coaches: Arrive 30 minutes early to check-in at the Info Tent to receive your team’s participation medals.
· Teams: Arrive AT LEAST 15 minutes before your scheduled kickoff time.
· Coaches, Teams and Spectators: Please exit the field immediately after your game so the next team can take the field. Please clean up any garbage.
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED!
We are still looking for some wonderful volunteers to help us out during the day. If you have some time to give us a hand, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
This is a great opportunity for High School students looking for those last minute NHS or Key Club hours.
Loudoun Soccer has arranged for numerous activities for your families and players to enjoy after the game, including:
Commemorate the end of your season with a team photo in front of our Champions Circle banner. This is a great opportunity to present your players with their participation medals, and thank your families for a successful season.
To help foster a fun festival atmosphere, several activities are scheduled to be on site at different times throughout the day; these activities are free of charge:
· Balloon Art;
· Face Painting;
· The ever-popular “Spin-the-Prize-Wheel”;
· A Disney’s “Cars” themed dual-lane inflatable slide;
· Corn Hole;
· Soccer kicking games courtesy of DC United and Loudoun Soccer’s Jr. Board of Directors; and
· Mascots, including our very own Nutmeg and DC United’s Talon.
In addition to these free activities, food will be available for purchase on site from Potbelly Sandwiches and Sugar & Spice Bakery. Loudoun Soccer Park’s concession stand will also be open with Pizza, Snacks, Ice Cream, Snow Cones, Kettle Corn, Water, Soda, and Gatorade available for purchase.
Teams that pre-ordered pizza and/or cupcakes for their end-of-season celebration should stop by the concession stand to pick up their order.
A picnic area is available for teams to use to before or after matches. Please remember that there is no food allowed on the turf.
Custom T-Shirt Printing:
Our friends from =PR= Performance Sports in Ashburn will be on site in the morning and early afternoon to sell customizable printed t-shirts.
We are excited to host nearly 1,500 players at this year’s event! The Jamboree requires the help of many, many volunteers; please give them a smile: without them this great day would not be possible.
See you on the fields!
Jamboree 2014 Director