Loudoun Soccer is pleased to offer enrollment in a Challenge division for U9 and U10 players. The Challenge division is a recreational program, intended for those children more seriously focused on soccer, and for players (and parents) who are willing to make a stronger commitment to prioritizing development above the social aspects of youth soccer.
This program is NOT recommended for the new or inexperienced soccer player.
The primary differences between the Recreation and Challenge divisions are the level of play and the distances to travel for away games. Coaches for Challenge teams are volunteers.
Challenge Registration and Evaluation Process:
To be eligible for Challenge, each player (new and returning) must register before the deadline of July 15, 2014. New players must also attend one evaluation; evaluation dates for the Fall 2014 season are held in June and July (see below).
No late registrations are permitted in Challenge, due to the evaluation dates, and to allow for the appropriate time to form teams and assign coaches. The purpose of the evaluation session is to assess player abilities so that balanced teams may be formed. The Recreation division may still be available for players who sign up after the Challenge registration date (registration is first come, first serve).
Challenge Division Commitment/Requirements:
Please take note when registering for our Challenge league:
- The registered player is REQUIRED to undergo a skills evaluation for all players, regardless of whether they participated in Challenge in Fall 2013 or Spring 2014. The information obtained at this evaluation will be used to place players equally among the teams.
- The level of play in Challenge is typically higher than in Recreation; however, players are placed on balanced teams and are not turned away regardless of ability if there is room on a team.
- No Special Requests (for specific coaches, practice dates, etc) will be honored. Once placed, requests to be reassigned to a different Challenge team will NOT be accommodated. Any player who wishes to change teams after being placed may be re-assigned to a Recreational level team, depending on available space.
- Teams will be formed by town/region (Ashburn, Leesburg, South Riding and Purcellville) and all efforts will be made to place players on a team in their local town; if teams in the local town of play are full, a player may be placed on a team outside of their requested town of play.
- Teams are scheduled to play inter-regional games (Ashburn vs. Leesburg, South Riding vs. Purcellville, etc), which may require travel greater than in the regular Recreation level.