The U8 Academy is designed to provide the highest quality development
program for the area’s most motivated and committed U8 soccer players.
The program offers several unique benefits:
• A developmentally-appropriate curriculum created and taught by licensed,professional coaches;
• Twice-per-week outdoor training in the fall and spring seasons;
• Intra-Academy games on Saturday morning with Professional Coaches
• Cross-over matches with fellow Virginia Club Champions League (VCCL)member clubs;
• Participation in 2nd Annual U8 VCCL Festival in November, hosted by Loudoun Soccer;
• Winter training in conjunction with the club’s travel program;
• The Program includes Professional coaching at all practices, games, and VCCL crossover games at no additional fee;
• The cost of the program is included in your recreation registration of $138.
The new U8 Academy is intended for those children more seriously focused on soccer, and for players (and parents) who are willing to make a stronger commitment to prioritizing development above the social aspects of youth soccer. The Challenge Program will now become the new U8 Academy.
Players who are currently registered for Challenge Evaluations will be trying out for the new U8 Academy Program. Please attend your scheduled tryout date. Players who are not interested in the new program, Email Karen Corpe at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from the evaluation list and to be place in our popular Recreation Program.
If your child is currently registered in the Recreation Program, or your child is not currently registered and would like to tryout for the U8 Academy please visit our registration link at www.loudounsoccer.com/Default.aspx?tabid=198224
If your child is registered for the U8 Challenge Evaluations we will automatically place him/her on the U8 Academy Tryout list for their original date. If your child does not attend their scheduled tryout date, he/she will be automatically moved to our Recreation Program.
The curriculum -- designed by Dave Scruggs, Director of Player Development,and Dan Raben, recently hired as the U7/U8 Academy Director – features a heavy emphasis on individual ball mastery, allowing each player to become more comfortable, confident and creative with their foot skills, while nurturing their passion and enjoyment for soccer. Activities and games will follow the best practices of US Soccer and US Youth Soccer.Each week of training will feature a theme, which will build off the themes from previous weeks, including:
• Dribbling for possession (changes of direction, shielding)
• Dribbling for penetration (attacking moves such as scissors, Matthews,step-overs, etc.
• First touch
• Finishing and ball-striking
The theme of each week will be encouraged and emphasized in the Intra-Academy matches, to allow players to practice their skills in a game environment.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE:The U8 Academy will train twice per week during the Fall and Spring seasons,and will play Intra-Academy games on Saturdays.
5-6 PM – U8 Girls
6-7 PM – U8 Boys
6:30-7:30 PM – U8 Girls
7:30-8:30 PM – U8 Boys
Games Fall Dates:Start date: September 4, 2012 End date: November 18, 2012
No training or games October 6-8 (Columbus Day).
2nd Annual U8 VCCL Festival: November 17-18.